- Syracuse Portrait Photography and Family Photography
- Syracuse Wedding Photography
- Head Shot, Portrait and Modeling Photography
- Syracuse Newborn Photography
- Syracuse Business, Commercial, Product, Real Estate and Head Shot Photography
- High School Senior Pictures – Questions and Answers!
- Syracuse Boudoir Photography Session
- Syracuse Boudoir and Fine Art Photography
- Photography Blog
- Testimonials and Reviews
- Contact / Pricing
Comparing Helios 44m-4 58mm 2.0 and Meyer Primoplan 58mm 1.9 bokeh
Hi everyone. I am an aspiring portrait lens collector.
Here I will be comparing the Helios 44m-4 58mm 2.0 portrait lens and the Meyer Primoplan 58mm 1.9 portrait lens. My main intention was to compare the bokeh of each. I was surprised to find how similar they really are. This was not a well controlled test… I did not put on tripod and I manually focused (you can see in a couple pictures how the focus was slightly different. I should mention that for the Meyer Primoplan, I brought down the exposure a bit (I would estimate 1 full stop) since even though the cameras were set exactly the same, the Meyer exposed brighter. Other than that, each were shot @ 2.0 aperture, on Canon 5D in RAW (converted to Jpeg in LR), minimally processed (slight increase in saturation and thats about it… no sharpening at all).
Here are the results.