DIY Wedding – Planning Your Wedding Day
The Wedding Experience – Tips and Guide For Planning Your Wedding Day
Over the 15+ years of being a wedding photographer, I have found that most couples have no idea where to begin when planning their wedding. Realizing that many cannot afford a wedding planner, I have often acted as one – helping them to understand and plan their wedding.
This inspired me to create an 65 page book helping couples plan, organize and inspire them. Every couple who books with me will receive this for no extra charge.
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding day! Here are some tips to help you plan your special day:
- Determine your budget: It’s important to know how much money you have to work with before you start planning. Make a list of all the wedding expenses you will incur and prioritize them according to importance. I have delved deeper into this topic. CLICK HERE to view.
- Choose your wedding style: Decide on the type of wedding you want, such as a formal or casual event, indoor or outdoor ceremony, and daytime or evening affair.
- Create a timeline: Make a timeline of all the tasks you need to complete before the wedding day. This will help you stay organized and ensure that everything is done on time.
- Hire vendors: Research and book your vendors early, including your caterer, photographer, florist, and wedding planner if you choose to have one.
- Choose your wedding party: Decide who you want to stand by your side on your big day and ask them to be a part of your wedding party.
- Select your wedding dress and attire: Start looking for your wedding dress early, as it may take several months to find the perfect one. Also, make sure to coordinate the attire of your wedding party.
- Plan your wedding ceremony and reception: Choose the venue for your ceremony and reception, and plan the details, such as the decorations, music, and food.
- Send out invitations: Send out invitations to your guests at least six to eight weeks before the wedding day.
- Confirm details: Double-check all the details with your vendors and make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Enjoy your wedding day: Finally, remember to relax and enjoy your special day. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event, so savor every moment!
My work has been published both nationally and internationally. Some clients I have worked with include The President of the United States, Miss New York Shelbie Handville, Labatt’s, SU Basketball Coach Jim Boeheim, MacKenzie-Childs, Burger King, Bauer Hockey, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Lambda Legal, Aspen Dental, Auston Matthews from NHL and New York Times Best Selling Author Tamora Pierce among many others
My fiance and I were looking for a Syracuse engagement and wedding photographer to do our wedding pictures – both the wedding ceremony pictures as well as our engagement pictures. There were plenty of cheap photographers near me that did wedding couple photography, but we were looking for the best local photographers – wedding photographers that are creative and unique. From the moment I reached out to inquire about an engagement session, Johnny was responsive, friendly and professional. During the wedding he and his assistant were absolutely magic gathering all of us, to pose, laugh, and enjoy ourselves. He made it easy. The final wedding images were incredible. From the wedding ceremony photos to the formal wedding photos to the wedding reception – they were all the best wedding photos I have seen. Working with Johnny was one of the best experiences we’ve ever had with a photographer and I believe he is the best wedding photographer in Syracuse!