When it comes to capturing important moments in your life, hiring a professional photographer can make all the difference. Syracuse-based photographer John Carnessali has been capturing memories for families, couples, and individuals for over 20 years. Here are some little tips from John to make the most of your photography session, whether it’s for family portraits, newborns, headshots, senior portraits, weddings, or engagements.
For a MUCH more detailed tips and suggestions into each of these topics CLICK HERE
- Coordinate outfits. Choose colors that complement each other and avoid overly busy patterns or logos.
- Consider the location. Think about the background and lighting. Outdoor locations like parks or gardens can make for beautiful natural settings.
- Relax and have fun. John’s goal is to capture natural, authentic moments that show your family’s personalities.
- Schedule the session within the first two weeks of birth. Babies are more likely to sleep deeply and curl up into those adorable poses during this time.
- Keep the room warm. Babies are used to the warmth of the womb, so a toasty room will help them feel more comfortable and less likely to fuss.
- Be patient. Newborn sessions can take time, so be prepared to take breaks for feeding or changing.
- Dress for the job you want. If the headshot is for a specific purpose, dress appropriately.
- Avoid bold patterns or jewelry that can be distracting. Keep it simple and classic.
- Be yourself. John wants to capture your personality and authenticity, so relax and be yourself.
- Show off your personality. Choose clothing and accessories that reflect who you are.
- Think about the location. Choose a spot that represents your interests or hobbies, like a sports field or a local landmark.
- Have fun and relax. Senior portraits should be a celebration of who you are as you prepare to embark on your next adventure.
Wedding and Engagement Photography:
- Meet with the photographer beforehand. Get to know your photographer and discuss your vision for your special day.
- Consider an engagement session. It’s a great way to get comfortable in front of the camera and get to know your photographer’s style.
- Trust your photographer. Let John capture your day as it unfolds, and trust that he will capture all the special moments.
No matter the occasion, John Carnessali’s tips will help you prepare for your photography session and make the most of your memories. Book your session with John today and start capturing memories that will last a lifetime.